Method of preparation ribeye:
- Heat the BBQ to a temperature of 220°C (428°F).
- Place the ribeye on the grid and close the lid for about 2 minutes.
- Turn it a quarter turn and grill it for another 2 minutes for a nice grill pattern.
- Turn the ribeye over and grill this side for about 2 minutes. Turn it another quarter turn and grill for another 2 minutes. The core temperature for a medium ribeye should be approximately 51-53°C (124-127°F).
- Core temperature reached? Wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then cut it into thin slices and serve with the mushroom sauce on top.
Preparation mushroom-beer sauce:
Heat the butter in a pan and braise the onion and mushrooms until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the brown beer, beef stock and sugar. Let this reduce on high heat until a third remains. Now add the demi-glace and bring to the boil again. Add some salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thin, you can thicken it with some cornflour.
Enjoy your meal!
Source: Foodfocus by Mayke