Reverse Seared Veal eye of round from the Black Bastard BBQ:
1. Turn on the (Black Bastard) BBQ on the sear setting and bring it up to temperature (100°C).
2. Season the veal with some Himalayan salt, a little pepper and some olive oil.
3. Put the veal on the BBQ for about 50 minutes and heat it up slowly.
4. Change the setting on the BBQ to Grill and sear the veal briefly on all sides.
5. Make sure you get that delicious crispy coating on the outside and the juicy meat on the inside.
6. Let the meat rest for a while before carving it.
Grilled fennel from the BBQ:
1. Turn on the (Black Bastard) BBQ and bring it up to the right temperature.
2. Wash the fennel and slice off the top parts. Slice the fennel vertically into thin slices. Then cook the fennel for about 5 minutes.
3. Place all the fennel slices in a bowl and add the grated lemon. Add a little salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the fennel.
4. Place the fennel on the Black Bastard BBQ and turn the slices over after a few minutes. Fry the fennel until it becomes slightly transparent.
5. Serve the fennel slices on a plate, together with the veal medaillon and garnish with a little mango chutney.
Mango chutney as a dressing:
1. Peel the mango and slice it into pieces.
Chop the garlic, onions and walnuts.
2. Take a thick-bottomed pan (e.g. a cast iron pan) and cook the mango pieces in it with the garlic, onions and white wine vinegar over a low heat.
3. Stir occasionally.
Add the coconut blossom sugar and cloves and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Season with the turmeric, lemon juice, fennel seeds and a little salt and cook for another 10 minutes until it reaches the consistency of a jam.
5. Stir in the chopped walnuts and place in a nice large pot.
Leave to cool and close with a lid or foil.
6. Store in the fridge!
Enjoy your meal!